Friday, May 8, 2015

Girl Big Discount

Title : Girl
Category: Movies

Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 4.3
Buyer Review : 89









Review :
Honest View of Teen Thought and Activity
I passed by "Girl" at the video store on more than once occasion because the box didn't look all that interesting. Finally I decided to give it a shot, and I found that it's one of the true gems out there. It's definitely a keeper.
Andrea Marr (Dominique Swain) is 18 and about to graduate from high school. Her best friend Cybil is an aspiring rock star who performs with a couple of mutual friends (Chris Masterton from Malcolm in the Middle and David Moscow from Newsies) and is well on her way to being discovered.
Andrea is only mildly interested in her friend's stardom, because she is totally obsessed with local hot guy rock star, Todd Sparrow (Sean Patrick Flannery). She goes to all of his concerts and eventually they do hook up.
Because Andrea is so into Todd, she doesn't realize that when Cybil sings a love song she's singing it about Andrea. Cybil is in love with Andrea but this fact is slowly revealed through the film and oblivious Andrea has to be hit in the head...
Girl: Yes, you can find the music for this movie!
I LOVED this movie and was amazed that there was no soundtrack, especially when it centered around a (so-called) 'groupie' and the singer of a band! Finally I discovered that there is music available from The Color Green, apparently formed by Jon Kahn who provides the music that Todd Sparrow performs. Find it at mp3.com. You can order the DAM CD's which play like normal CD's as well as on mp3. 2 songs from the movie 'One Step Forward' and 'Girl' appear on "the color green -- Jon Kahn" [23587] and the song Cybil sings 'Never' plus 'Blood Brothers' and 'Look my way' are on the "the color green -- Acoustic" [71629]. I hope this helps other people who may have loved the music the way I did. Enjoy!

A realistic reminder of my groupie days!
First of all, I was definitely a groupie in the early 90's so watching this film brought so much of that back for me. I found this to be a realistic depiction of someone like myself who gets drawn into that whole scene and becomes obsessed over band members. It doesn't matter what state you live in or what kind of band, groupies always remain the same. Its this feeling that is so wonderfully captured. Its a coming of age story for teenage girls. I especially liked the fact that she finally realized at the end what it meant to be a true woman, she saw the error of her ways but at the same time, she didn't make apologies for the mistakes she made.
The whole feel of this movie is fantastic as well as the music. I enjoyed spending time with all these different characters that could have been quite a few people I knew at one time. Its one of the best teen films I've seen in a while. I also thought Dominique Swain is someone to definitely watch out for. She's a great actress...

No comments:

Post a Comment