Friday, May 8, 2015

Trouble Every Day Big SALE

Title : Trouble Every Day
Category: Movies

Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 3.4
Buyer Review : 26









Review :
Riveting!
First of all, I would have never known about this film except that I happen to like Tindersticks who performed the haunting soundtrack to this equally haunting film. Just knowing that Tindersticks had something to do with it convinced me that Trouble Every Day was probably a worthwhile addition to my DVD collection. And indeed it is.

The first time I watched the film, I found it interesting in a strange way, but did not completely understand it. The clamshell was no help, the seller I bought it from here on amazon sent me a Chinese (bootleg?) edition that nevertheless played perfectly but provided no further information to those who cannot read Chinese. (The film is in English with a smattering of French thrown in. Subtitles are available.) So I watched without really knowing what to expect besides the tidbits I'd gleaned from reading the reviews.

The second time through, I understood it better. Leo Semenau, a renegade researcher into the workings of the human...
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, I COULD EAT YOU UP!
Love bites, literally. This utterly disturbing and obscure yet beautiful and tender film tells about people with a deviation - they can't love the way normal people do, they have this obsessive urge to devour their loved ones alive! Just like a female mantis or certain kind of female spiders devour their spouse right after copulating. For them love and sex are impossible without pain, blood and death.

Here we see a mentally-disturbed woman (played by Beatrice Dalle) who preys on men seduced be her sexuality, and a character of Vincent Gallo, who feels the need to bite, to gnaw and to suck blood of a girl he loves but he refrains himself (untill a certain moment) trying to be a reasonable man.

This stylish, wonderfully-paced and delicate movie shows the thin line between true love and sadism, between the desire to caress and to torment. It can have a huge effect on you because this lingering, viscous and sad film at times explodes with truly infernal and...
Far better than others would have you believe
My first impression was that of disappointment. Trouble Every Day is certainly a loosely presented film. The script is barebones and the acting at times positively atrocious. I extended all of this labor for a mediocre film? It is important to understand its context in contemporary French cinema, though. Trouble Every Day came out during the high reign of "French Extreme Cinema," and it follows many of the implicit guidelines of this sub-genre: Loose structure, shallow characters existing solely as thematic stand-ins, a violent current that strips the viewer of all comfort levels so that the film is viewed in the most vulnerable state. Trouble Every Day certainly delivers on all of these fronts. I had forgotten how graphically violent it was. I suppose because the violence is SO allegorical, I always construe the sequence as a sex scene rather than a killing. But after Core has consumed her victim, you certainly are stripped to a more weary state of observation. It is also a...

No comments:

Post a Comment