Friday, April 17, 2015

The Avengers: The Complete Emma Peel Megaset SALE

Title : The Avengers: The Complete Emma Peel Megaset
Category: TV
Brand: LionsGate
Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 4.6
Buyer Review : 488

Description : Look movers dvd This specific The Avengers: The Complete Emma Peel Megaset works great, simple to operate as well as change. The price for this wa dramatically reduced compered to other areas My spouse and i explored, and not considerably more when compared with equivalent product

This unique subject provides overtake the prospect, this one has developed into a amazing replace on personally, The thought came safely along with rapidly The Avengers: The Complete Emma Peel Megaset


The original British TV cult classic is back with an all-new look! Starring Diana Rigg as Emma Peel and Patrick Macnee as her engaging partner John Steed. Fans will rejoice in watching the infamous crime-fighting duo, The Avengers, who have influenced generations of stars in 51 episodes, on16 DVD discs. Enjoy every Emma episode ever in this ultimate collector's edition!   

Features :
  • Factory sealed DVD

Review :
"Mrs. Peel, we're needed"
I was 13 years old in 1966 flipping through the 5 television channels then available when I came across the scene of a man dressed as a giant bird climbing the outside of a city building. There was very little in the way of science fiction or comic book related video entertainment on television at the time so I eagerly kept watching. I was lucky enough to have found an episode of The Avengers and, in one evening, became a lifelong fan of both that series and of British programming in general.

The Avengers ran from 1961 through 1969. But the value of the stylish British import lies chiefly in the episodes that paired Diana Rigg with Patrick Macnee from 1965 to 1968. Rigg had replaced Bond girl Honor Blackman as English superspy Emma Peel for the show's fourth season, the first to be available in the US, and nothing like her had ever been seen on the television screen. The cat-suitted Peel used a kung fu fighting style to defeat England's enemies. John Steed would...
Tastefully Eccentric
About 15 years ago, I ordered the Emma Peel episodes on VHS tape, and have been enjoying them since. Now that the series is released on DVD at a reasonable price, I think I will treat myself to an upgrade; if nothing else, it's only a matter of time before no-one's making videotape players any more.
I grew up in the UK, and was aged 7-10 when this series was shown. Several reviewers have credited the BBC with this production, but in fact it was one of the UK's commercial channels which produced it - ABC I think. I remember how everyone in my household - from my grandparents down - was infected by the show's quirky humor from a cast of eccentric characters, both the heroes and the villains, as well as the various interlopers. It always seemed that everyone in the house was in a silly but cheerful mood after watching an episode of 'The Avengers', most especially during the Emma Peel years. I loved the imagination behind all the plots, then and now. In fact, that's the...
The Show is from Heaven--the Packaging is from Hell
I discovered the Avengers in the mid-1970s when I was a teen. (It was shown at obscenely late hours on a then-unknown Atlanta cable station called WTCG, just purchased by Ted Turner who would turn it into TBS.) Fell head over heels in love with Steed AND Mrs. Peel. I wanted to be her; she was perfect. And I wanted to go places with him. His imperterbability on those wild adventures was heavenly, his charm, his taste in clothes divine, and who didn't want a brolley with a built-in saber or a bowler with a steel plate inside?

In later years I saw the Tara King stuff and later still, the girls who'd come first. But Mrs. Peel and Steed went together for me like chalk and cheese, as they say. So I had to get this set.

The adventures are very much as I remember--kooky and wild and often psychedelic. Mrs. Peel is still the ultimate lady--who's still able to rip a guy's head off without breaking a nail. Steed is still the perfect gentleman who can get knocked into a...

No comments:

Post a Comment