Friday, April 24, 2015

Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition) [Blu-ray] SALE

Title : Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition) [Blu-ray]
Category: Movies
Brand: TCFHE
Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 4.4


Description : Envy shippers thriller This particular Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition) [Blu-ray] does excellent, simple to use and also alter. The price of is was reduced when compared with other locations I reviewed, rather than considerably more when compared with related product or service

This type of item Offer surpass own prospect, this has become a wonderfull upgrade on myself, The idea arrived securely along with speedily Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition) [Blu-ray]


The ultimate hunter meets the ultimate adversary... in the ultimate Collector's Edition DVD! Arnold Schwarzenegger wages an all-out war against an unseen enemy, a force more powerful and deadly than any on Earth-because the Predator is not of this Earth.

Features :
  • Condition: New
  • Format: Blu-ray
  • Special Edition; Widescreen

Review :
Predator 3D (2013), Predator UHE (2010) and Predator (2008) blu-rays
(EDIT) 12/19/2013. Now that Predator 3D has been released, I thought a brief update to this review might be useful.

I was surprised at the quality of the 3D conversion, given that it used the automated JVC Fox workstation that was used for Jumper 3D and I, Robot 3D. The process costs about a third of what a typical catalog 3D conversion costs and can be done with about 3 people in 3 months. In contrast, Titanic took hundreds of people over a year to convert.

The slow rate of adoption of 3D has been attributed, in part, to the lack of available content. Fox Home Entertainment with JVC developed a business model using automated equipment that allowed the 3D conversion of catalog movies profitably.
I was doubtful that they would be successful in this after watching 3D clips of I, Robot shortly after it was released. I changed my mind after purchasing and watching Predator 3D.

The only caveat is that the extras are provided via a Disk two DVD. (Disk...
Fox blows it on Blu-Ray again
My 1-star review is not for the movie, Predator, which I love. I bought it twice on DVD: the first single-disc release with no extras, and then the excellent 2-disc special edition. I am not going to be buying on Blu-Ray, however, until the chowder-heads over at Fox start including all of the ALREADY PRODUCED extras on their Blu-Ray discs. Case in point: Predator.

Predator on Blu-Ray features a higher definition transfer (though on a single layer disc), but carries over none of the special features from the 2-disc DVD. How hard would this have been? Make it a dual layer Blu-Ray, and just throw them all on there in standard definition. That would have guaranteed and instant buy for me. But this habit of dumping the film bare-bones onto Blu-Ray is reminiscent of the early days of DVD, and I thought we were past that. Other studios are doing a fine job of including all the special features, so why is Fox being dumb? And why are they slapping a $40 MSRP on a bare-bones...
Ultimate Hunter Edition is FANTASTIC!
I recently tried to watch my Predator DVD, circa 1997 (or thereabouts) and it looked horrible. It was a fullscreen, widescreen disc with black bars on top, bottom, left, and right (which insluts my HD TV). The film was also not cleaned before transfer so it included wonderful hairs and scratches too. That's not to mention the films always horrible fuzzyness.

Don't believe all the whiners, Predator: The Ultimate Hunter Edition is the best this film has ever looked, and probably ever will look. Some people complained about too much Digital Noise Reduction. They said that it doesn't look like its supposed to anymore...don't listen to them. I almost didn't buy this disc because of all the complaining people were doing, but I'm glad I did.

Yes, there are maybe 3 shots where Carl Weathers' face looks a little too smooth in the beginning of the film, but that comprises about 10 seconds of the film. The rest of it looks great. The film still has film grain, it just isn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment